Monday, March 2, 2015

Week in Review 2/23/15-3/1/15

"Winter: Days get colder, snow gets whiter, lights get brighter, sweaters get bigger, books get thicker, blankets get larger, chimney gets hotter, snuggling gets nicer, hearts get closer." -Unknown

I didn't get a huge variety of pictures this week, in part because the weather kept us at home much of the time.

On Monday, we celebrated my dad's birthday!  We went over to my grandmother's house to eat dinner with everyone and to do cake and presents.  MOST of the pictures (including the ones of my dad) are on my mom's camera and I don't have them yet.  But at least I got a pic of the cake, and a pic of David and Joseph to verify that we were there, celebrating.  Happy Birthday Daddy!!!



The big story of the week was, of course, the snow!  Our area was predicted to get anywhere from 3-8" from Wednesday night to Thursday morning.  It started for us a little after 9pm Wednesday night and the official total for our part of Greensboro was 6 inches. Beautiful!  David worked from home Thursday, and we used his lunch hour to go play in the snow for a bit!

David checks out the snow while Joseph watches from the door

View from our front porch

Getting Joseph ready in his ski bibs to go play!


Bundled up!

Love these two!!!





Walking down to the lake...Joseph being toted on sled!





The lake near our home





Pretty deep snow for a little guy

And for his mama!

Hanging out in the back yard








 By Saturday, the snow was starting to melt and Joseph was going totally stir crazy!  We don't usually eat out for Saturday lunches (usually we eat out for Saturday dinners instead), but we HAD to get out of the house.  So off we went to Natty Greene's downtown for a delicious lunch.  So much fun!






Saturday evening, after putting Joseph's pajamas on, I ended up chatting on the phone with a friend for about 30 minutes.  I was in the dining room and I knew Joseph and David were in the den, but I had no idea what they were up to.  When I returned to find them, David said they were "eating apples and watching Bubble Guppies."  So precious.



I love snow, but I'm also hoping this week will be a little less eventful weather-wise.  See you next week!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment