Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Week in Review 3/16/15-3/22/15

"May the road rise up to meet you.  May the wind always be at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand." -Old Irish Blessing

On Monday, St. Patrick's Day, I awoke with the horror that Joseph didn't have any green clothing in his current size and for the warm weather that day.  Thank goodness for cloth diapers saving the day!  We have quite a few green diapers, so I was able to pick which shade I thought looked most Irish.  (Of course, I had to tell people his diaper was green when they asked "Where is your green little buddy?!")  Cloth diapers save the day again!


While I manage to get quite a few semi-silly pics of Joseph, it's rare that I get a truly ridiculous one.  I thought this one, snapped Tuesday morning, probably qualifies.  Silly boy!


Tuesday afternoon, we went to Winston-Salem to eat lunch with some of my former co-workers from RMIC.  Thanks Jeff, Val, and Benton for meeting us to eat!  Afterward, we went back up to RMIC briefly to walk around and see some of our other friends.  Joseph was spoiled with some candy and quite a few miniature sticky notes, which Joseph thinks are stickers.  I snapped this picture in the elevator as we were leaving, while he proudly displayed his sticky-note collection.


On Saturday we took Joseph to the park - one of our normal spring/summer/fall Saturday activities.  He had a great time swinging and cried like crazy when we had to leave. 


His woe was short-lived, however.  When we got back home, there was a package in the mail addressed to Joseph.  When we opened it, there were two toy airplanes inside!  When we were in Highlands visiting family the week before, Joseph loved playing with his cousins' toy airplanes.  So his Uncle Ben, Aunt Lindsay, and cousins sent him two toy airplanes of his own!!!  He loves them!


On Sunday morning, we had our final IUI.  I am relieved to see our long struggle with secondary infertility coming to a close, and, if we don't get pregnant, I'm excited to see the other ways God may build our family in the future.  It will be a while before we know if this IUI was successful, but I took one last pre-IUI selfie to commemorate the occasion...

I have to give a huge shout out here to Dr. Deaton and the entire staff of Premier Fertility in High Point.  They have been amazing to work with - caring, encouraging, professional.  I would recommend them to ANYONE in the area having trouble getting pregnant.  Although we didn't have any lasting fertility success during our time there, NONE of it was Premier's fault (only my body's, lol).  While our journey may have involved a lot of heartache, they have been so supportive and great.  Dr. Deaton even thanked US for being so fun and easy to work with when we were there Sunday...he is so sweet.  While I will probably never see the inside of this lobby again (and oh my, have I ever seen this lobby a LOT since last June!) I want to say thank you, Premier, for all you have done for us...

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..."


Hope everyone had a great week and is getting to enjoy the warmer weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment