Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week In Review 2/16/15 to 2/22/15

"A snow day literally and figuratively falls from the sky, unbidden, and seems like a thing of wonder." -Susan Orlean

Well, they said it was coming and it did!  Snow was in the forecast for early in the week and it came!  It wasn't a ton, but it surely has stuck around and been awfully slick!  It was scheduled to start  Monday afternoon...the Winter Storm Warning for our area was supposed to go into effect at 4pm that day.  I had to chuckle when the snowflakes started falling at our house at 4pm ON THE DOT.  If that wasn't a precise prediction then I don't know what was!

Monday afternoon, before the snow started falling, Joseph and I rushed to the store for a few last minute items.  I always laugh when bad weather comes because our family doesn't drink milk and no longer eats much bread (at least not at home...I have trouble resisting when at a restaurant!).  So while everyone else rushes to the store for "milk and bread" I rush to the store for a variety of other random things.  Harris Teeter at Friendly Center was C-R-A-Z-Y Monday afternoon right before the storm.  I took a pic of Joseph patiently waiting in the cart for checkout and I have to say, the number of people in the background of the photo do NOT do justice to the crowd that was there!!!  I found myself wondering why in the WORLD I waited until the last minute to go?!?!  And I'll admit, at some point during our trip to the store, a "Take and Bake" Pizza made it's way into our cart!  ;-)

 
Once the snow came we did manage to get out and have some fun in it.  This was really really slick snow (not powdery at all), mixed in with some sleet, which made for pretty perfect sledding conditions on our driveway!  Joseph was flying!


Looking down our street

David and Joseph testing the sled on our street...no traffic to interfere on this day, that's for sure!


Up the driveway for another run!

Our front yard, looking towards the street

Looking down our street, the other direction



The lake near our house was starting to freeze over at this point. 

So slippery...have to hold onto Daddy!



There were a couple of days this week that Joseph and I literally stayed inside our home all day, because it was just too cold to go out!  3, 4, 5, 6 degree temps are just not something we are used to seeing here!  Joseph was so sweet and snuggly in the mornings when he would wake up in his sleep sack, with his stuffed animals.  :-)  I love the cuddliness of this boy!



Joseph has really developed a love of walking around the house with his daddy's shoes on.  So funny!  He loves to come find me, point to the shoes, and say "Mommy...Dada's shoes!!!"  I caught him showing them off a couple of times this week...




Recently I blogged about how much I love toddlerwearing, and about how much Joseph still loves being worn.  Normally when I wear him now he is alert and active and enjoys seeing the surrounding sights.  On Thursday, however, he came, grabbed my hand and said, "Mommy, nap Boba."  I asked if he wanted to take a nap in the Boba and he said yes.  I was surprised because it's probably been a year since he actually fell asleep in it, but I was not about to deny that request, so into the Boba he went.  And about 10 minutes later, he was dead asleep on my back.  Pure sweetness!


The Boba saved the day on Friday as well when we attended a funeral in Burlington.  It was sunny but soooooooooooooooo cold out, and there was an area outside of the church where we and the rest of the family had to wait for a few minutes before entering the sanctuary.  Having Joseph in the Boba and having my fleece wrap wrapped around us, Joseph and I both stayed warm.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE TODDLERWEARING?!?!?!  LOL.

On Saturday, we took a walk around the lake and couldn't believe how snowy the trails near our home still were!  We took another picture of the lake, which was REALLY frozen at this point!


It was a great (although very cold and snowy) week!  Tomorrow is my dad's birthday and so, although I'll blog about that next week, I want to go ahead and wish him a very happy birthday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment