Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week in Review 2/9/15 - 2/15/15

"All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." -Charles M. Schulz

On Monday of this week, I dropped my Joseph/Carson/Jesse birthstone bracelet (the one I got in early December, just after we lost Jesse, and promptly snagged and broke a week later :-( ) to our jeweler to be fixed.  On Tuesday, I picked it up.  I was almost giddy with happiness to be able to put it back on!


I notice that often when Joseph is on my lap he loves to play with my bracelet.  I always tell him "One of those tags is for you, and one is for Carson and one is for Jesse.  Carson and Jesse are your siblings and they are in Heaven with Jesus."  I love seeing him take such an interest in it and pray that he will grow up with a very real knowledge of his siblings that aren't here on earth with us.


One evening this past week, Joseph crawled up on David, who was laying on the love seat, and fell fast asleep before we could even get his jammies on.  Love this sweet snuggly little boy.



Face still dirty from dinner ;-)
Joseph loves to line things up in an orderly fashion.  I took this picture of his vehicle arrangement one day this past week.


It was soooooooooooo cold here this past week.  So thankful that little man has good, warm clothes to get him through the winter.





Early Friday morning Jojo and I helped my parents (who are the chairs of their neighborhood community watch) host an appreciation party for the Greensboro Police Department at their downtown headquarters.  So many people from their neighborhood made or bought treats for the officers.  We had a great time!  Thank you, law enforcement, for all you do!

All of the officers were so sweet to Joseph

They let him pick out a stuffed animal to take home with him.  He picked out a Winnie the Pooh bear. 

So much food!!!


Later on Friday morning, I arrived home to find a very special Valentine's delivery from my sweet husband.  He sent me beautiful flowers!  Valentine's Day is special to me for another reason, as well, as it marks the anniversary of the day David proposed to me.  6 years since he asked me to be his wife in 2009!  What wonderful memories!  When he got home from work he also had a card and some candy for me, and Joseph and I made him a little treat basket with some goodies (including a packet of peppermint gum labeled "I CHEWS you to be my Valentine because I know we were MINT to be!"  I know, I'm SO cheesy).  We exchanged these gifts on Friday night, the night before Valentine's, and had our date night on Saturday night.

Love my beautiful flowers!


Saturday we went to the annual Mardi Gras party and parade in my parents' neighborhood.  It is always a great time!  It's a pot luck and there is SOOOOOOOOO much food.  Everything is New Orleans and Cajun themed and there is a band and parade.  Our friends Heather and Brandon, and their little ones A and G went with us this year.  It was cold, but we had lots of fun!!

Here were some pictures of Joseph and I getting ready beforehand at home...I don't think we were overdone, do you? ;-)


And here are some pictures from the event itself...












Saturday evening, my parents kept Joseph while we had a romantic Valentine's Dinner at Lucky 32.  I forgot to take pictures because we were having so much fun, but I'll just say it was a really nice, relaxing date night with my sweety.

This coming week's "Week in Review" will have SNOW pictures, so stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment