Monday, February 9, 2015

Week in Review 2/2/15-2/8/15

"What could be better than wearing a hug?" -J. Clair K. Niala

This week, I was really thinking about how much Joseph still loves being "worn" as a toddler.  Like most people who start "wearing" their young infants, I assumed that once Joseph could walk my babywearing journey would basically be over.  But once he got to that age and I saw how he still loved being on me, we embraced the art of toddlerwearing (Google "toddlerwearing" and you can find lots of articles about the benefits of this practice, still extremely common in most African countries but seen less here in the US).  Obviously we don't wear him all the time, but we do so with a pretty good frequency since he enjoys it and it's a great workout for us!  Anyway, I realized I didn't have a ton of pictures of us wearing Joseph since he's gotten bigger (I just don't really think to take them), so I really focused this week on capturing some shots of that, as well as some of our other shenanigans.  :-)

Now that Joseph is bigger and heavier, I generally wear him on my back in my Boba 3G, but I decided to try in some of our older carriers just to see how they were now that he was bigger.  I got out my Moby Wrap and my black sling.  To my surprise, they both still worked quite well (the Moby Wrap in particular claims to be usable until a child is 35lbs, but most of the time moms have trouble making it work past infancy because of it's stretchiness.  I don't know if it's because I have a relatively light child, or if I just got fortunate, but we made it work!)  I really miss wrapping him, so I'm looking at trying out some woven wraps soon from our local babywearing group that are geared to be more durable with a child his size.

Still rockin' the Moby at 27 months!

I was wearing a black shirt here, and my sling is also black, so it's really hard to tell that he is in a sling and not just wrapped in my shirt, lol!
One evening this week Joseph discovered that my running shoes had been left out and decided to try them on.  He walked around a good 30 minutes with them on, shuffling so they wouldn't fall off.  So funny.


David and I both come from families that love sports - football, basketball, baseball...you name it!  I really think it's in our blood, and by Joseph's toy choice some days it looks like we are passing it right along...

This was not staged...I just happened to glance up from the couch, see what he was playing with, and snap a pic.
David took Friday off so we could have some extra family time, and we took a walk around the lake in our neighborhood (like we do virtually every weekend afternoon and every time he is off).  It was really cold and super dreary on Friday, so Jojo had to be bundled up on my back!





Later Saturday afternoon, our wonderful next door neighbors, whom we love dearly, dropped off some homemade brownies for us!  They were delicious (I say WERE because they were gone within 3 days, and the dish they came in is now in my dishwasher to be washed and returned...yummy treats don't last long around here!).  We promised Joseph he could have one after dinner that night, but when we left him unattended in the kitchen for a before dinner moment, we discovered he was trying to help himself a little prematurely.  Busted!


Saturday was sunnier, warmer, and a much prettier day overall for walking.  So now only did we walk, we stopped to take Joseph to our neighborhood playground.  :-)

Joseph had fun on the baby swing...






Then had fun on the big-kid swings with some help from mommy...


And from daddy...



 Thanks for reading...see you again soon!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment