Friday, December 5, 2014

Week In Review 10/13/14-10/19/14

This was kind of a crazy week!  But it all had a wonderful ending!

On Monday, David called me from Burlington to tell me his car wouldn't start.  I had just put Joseph down for a nap, but I got him right back up and put him in the car to go help the hubby (He did go back to sleep later on).  We drove to Burlington and David jumped his car from mine, then he took off a little early so we could go get the battery checked at the Toyota dealership in Greensboro.  While we were waiting on the car to be checked, we ran to the Verizon store across the street to take care of some phone related issues.  I realized that, I had left the house so quickly earlier, I totally forgot to put Joseph's shoes back on!  With all the cold/flu/enterovirus/ebola talk, I've been far more worried about Joseph picking up germs than normal, so I was slightly horrified that he was going to be walking around Verizon without shoes.  But, we were not there long and, at least he had socks on, right?  He had lots of fun playing in the display areas!!!


On Tuesday, I woke up with the WORST sore throat ever.  We had all had minor colds and I wanted to think it was just part of that, but this was really bad.  So Joseph and I headed to Minute Clinic and CVS for me to get checked out.  Strep test was negative and, turns out, it really was caused by the tail end of my cold.  They also found out I had an ear infection.  Luckily, I'm pretty much all better now.  And I got Joseph his flu shot, so that took a load off of my mind (David and I had already gotten ours).  Whew!  I'm ready for this cold and flu season to be over already...2 colds in 2 months in unprecedented for our family! :-(

As to school this week, I have to say we very much took an unschooling approach.  Truthfully, I didn't feel like fully sticking to the lesson plan, so I tried to really tune in to things Joseph was interested in and sit down and talk to him about those things.  It was kind of nice.  I've really been thinking through our schooling philosophy, and I think I'm going to try to turn our school time towards a slightly more Montessori approach (still using the same curriculum, though).  I'm really starting to learn how well kids can flourish when they have the freedom to self-guide their education a bit.  I'm still figuring out what changes I want to make to move us more that way...maybe that will be a separate blog post at some point.

Thursday afternoon, David's parents drove down from the mountains so they could be in for Joseph's birthday weekend.  On Thursday evening, we went to Rearn Thai to eat thai food for dinner...delicious!  On Friday, David had to go to work, so Joseph and I hung out with them all day.  We did some shopping and met my parents for lunch.  Friday evening, after David got home, we all went out to celebrate another birthday occuring - that of my 93 year old grandmother!  We went to Phoenix Asian and had a great time.  I know she had fun celebrating with us, my parents, and David's parents.  Here are some pictures from that birthday meal!

The birthday girl - 93 years young




This is the blank face of a frazzled toddler mommy ;-)

Don't even need to point out the obvious hazard of the close proximity between the chop stick and David's eye ;-)









On Saturday we celebrated Joseph's 2nd birthday!  Joseph's birthday has been such a big event that there is a separate blog post coming about it.  So stay tuned! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment