Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014 and David's Birthday

"Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing..."

Christmas 2014 was probably one of our best yet!  We got to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior surrounded by family and some delicious food!  So much fun stuff to document!

On Christmas Eve, during the day, I got a lot of the cooking done.  We knew we were having 11 people at our home on Christmas Day, and I had no desire to do last minute cooking.  In fact, I was able to make and freeze several of the dishes ahead of time, and the rest I made on the 23rd or 24th.  On Christmas Day, everything just had to be heated up!  It was wonderful and really afforded me quality time with David and Joseph on Christmas Eve.  It's really important to me that the focus of Christmas be much less on food and presents and much more on Jesus and family togetherness.  I felt like we struck a good balance this year since we planned ahead a little more than usual!

Here was our 18lb turkey, fresh out of the oven, garnished with rosemary.  Yum.


In the evening, we went to my parents house for snacks/light dinner.  Joseph loved playing with his Great Mimi's walker and rocking back and forth in the rocking chair that was mine as a little girl (Papaw got it down from their attic for him and it came home with us that night).





My parents brought all of their presents (for each other, my grandmother, and Jojo) over earlier in the day, so let's just say by Christmas Eve night we had a L-O-T of presents under the tree.


Present-opening on Christmas morning was so much fun.  Joseph had so much joy in his eyes.  And we decided to let him stay in his jammies all day long!


Unwrapping his slide from Great-Mimi

Loving his Paw Patrol pups



His life-sized Melissa & Doug Golden Retriever





Papaw liked the doggie, too!
Around 1pm, we ate lunch...



Jojo loved dancing with Ray

After lunch, Jan was the only one petite enough to fit in Jojo's kid-sized rocking chair.  LOL
And Christmas night, after everything was cleaned up and everyone went home, Joseph enjoyed watching some Paw Patrol on his daddy's tablet...

The day after Christmas (Friday), David's parents drove from their home in the mountains and stayed with us until Monday morning.  We had a wonderful visit!  We ate delicious food, took some walks around the lake, and did a major amount of shopping.  Joseph had so much fun, whether just running around the house, or snoozing on Poppy's lap in the Friendly Center Belk while Daddy, Mommy, and Mimi shopped their hearts out!


And for David's birthday on the 26th, the entire family went out to Phoenix Asian for his birthday dinner!  It is always so wonderful to have everyone together...it warms my heart.  I'm so glad my sweet husband was born the day after Christmas!  Next to celebrating the birth of Jesus, David's birthday is my favorite to celebrate!!!

The birthday boy and his little man

Wise words from my fortune cookie...I'm a rich, rich woman!
We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and has a super start to 2015!







No comments:

Post a Comment