Friday, December 12, 2014

Thanksgiving and Some Randomness

"Gratitude turns what we have into enough." -Anonymous

We had planned to go to Highlands, NC, for Thanksgiving with David's family this year.  But, after the two miscarriages (and since I was still somewhat physically weak after the second one), my in-laws very sweetly and selflessly offered to let us do Thanksgiving here and to come visit us the day after and through the weekend.  So appreciative of their thoughtfulness and understanding!  The evening before Thanksgiving, David surprised me with beautiful fall flowers and a Thanksgiving card.  He said he wanted to do something sweet for me after this second miscarriage and he sure did!  So thankful for him!


On Thanksgiving Day, we headed out to meet my family at the Greensboro Embassy Suites for the Thanksgiving lunch buffet, which we have done for quite a few years now.  We had a great time!  This year, because of all the loss we have been through, I believe it has made me focus even MORE on the many blessings that we do have (especially my sweet Jojo).  How sweet the Lord is to use this opportunity to help me focus on the true meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Waiting in lobby of Embassy Suites for lunch to begin
While waiting, we always ride the elevator to the top floor with Joseph so he can get a fun view of things below


Joseph ate nothing but mashed potatoes and M&Ms.  LOL


The next day, in the afternoon, David's parents drove down from the mountains and spent the weekend with us!  We went out to eat, went shopping, and spent Saturday evening ordering wings and watching football at my grandmother's house.  Great Thanksgiving weekend!!!

Jojo loves running around in the den and playing with Mimi and Poppy

Daddy and his boy


The whole family (David and myself, Jojo, my parents, David's parents, and my grandmother, gathered in my grandmother's den for football and wings!) 


We also had some fun with homeschool preschool in November, learning some colors, numbers, and even a few letters!  Jojo can now identify lots of colors and rote count to 7.  So much fun to watch him learn!  Here is some work we did with puzzles while he ate breakfast one morning (we usual do school after breakfast, but on this day we got started early)...

Color work

But then, of course, a break to eat some more :-)

And finally, I thought I'd add some random pics I've taken recently, just for fun...

Joseph fell asleep on the floor while watching the news on day.  One of my Facebook friends pointed out that he fell asleep while watching a segment on ObamaCare.  He's a GOP toddler all the way.  ;-)

Pondering what to buy at Harris Teeter

Playing in Nonie and Papaw's front yard while David helps them hang lighted Christmas balls (MS State was playing that day and Joseph doesn't currently have any MS State clothes in his size, so the bib was his "spirit" addition :-) )

This is the delightful, happy attitude Joseph has pretty much all the time

Except when we take walks around our neighborhood lake and stop at a bench, at which point he starts screaming.

We had some play dates with friends, and at this one he enjoyed ringing the doorbell on his friend James' play house.

I snapped this pic of him sleeping on our baby monitor one night.  That sweet face looks identical to how he looked sleeping as a newborn.

Sweet, sleepy boy waking up from nap

And oh my, how this boy loves his two MS State "Bullies."  He has named them "Bully" and "Odda Bull" (his interpretation from the day I told him to go get the "Other bully.")


He also can't wait for Daddy to get home each night and loves waiting at the door!

Goodbye November!  Thanks for stopping by!  Now onto Christmas fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment