Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back to back victories

"I don't want the cheese, I just want to get out of the trap." -Spanish Proverb

My mother said that if we caught one mouse in the house, there would be another one. Said they almost always come in two's. I just couldn't believe that there would be another one, and so I was SHOCKED when I walked into the kitchen again and there was ANOTHER mouse in MY trap! WOW! I guess they really do travel with their friends. We are fairly certain this is all, and what a relief that is!


So anyway, I counted up my total winnings, which came to $2.75...


Then put another dollar with it to buy myself a Chai latte at Starbucks...


Thank you, mice, for helping fund my tasty Sunday afternoon treat! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I have to say that I never thought I would see a post on Lisa's blog about this... too funny! We actually just had a mouse in our garage. We set traps, which didn't catch it, but Matt saw it yesterday and wacked it with a broom. Isn't owning a house lovely? :) Congrats on your victory, Lis - so glad you got some Starbucks out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay (1) - I USED to keep a clean kitchen until the ants invaded. I figured if it's CLEAN and they're still coming in droves, at least they'd carry off the crumbs and whatnot while there, and (2) we've been trying to evict a chipmunk from the garden for three years - can you come over and help?. :) Congrats on a well fought victory...

    ReplyDelete