Saturday, August 14, 2010

Danville Tank Museum

"Our enemies and our would-be enemies are working very hard at cyberterrorism... They're trying to level the playing field because they know they can't beat us tank for tank, plane for plane." -Curt Weldon

Friday night around 9pm David finally got back from his week-long business trip. I was so happy!!!! What a long, long week it was without him! :-( I am so happy to have my best friend back!

Yesterday, we went to Danville, VA, to visit the Military Tank Museum up there. My parents often work with the disabled veterans living at the Servant's Center in Greensboro, and were taking a group of about 20 from the center up there to see the tanks. So we tagged along and are so glad we did!

As soon as you pull in, there were some pieces of equipment outside to get you started. David had a fun time looking at these, as did the veterans...




There were TONS of tanks from small to gigantic...


We all go to pose as soldiers, with uzis...






My father and David got a little careless with the weapons...yikes! So much for having children! ;-)


David got to crawl in a bunker...


We got to see a mortar much like the one that my grandfather (Papaw) shot in WWII...


And we got to see an awfully good-looking mule...


The whole group ended the trip by going out to lunch together. It was a really interesting way to spend a Saturday! It must have worn us out, because when David and I got back we both took naps for several hours!

Today, after church and lunch, David and I headed to Harris Teeter to take advantage of Super Double Coupons. We walked away with $102 of groceries for only $77. I was very pleased!

What a great August weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment