Saturday, August 28, 2010

Are you ready for some football???

“So far from forgetting the blessed place, I think my picture of it grows clearer every year: it was as close to magic as I've ever been . . ..” -Thomas Wolfe on Chapel Hill

What a great Saturday! We started today with breakfast at Chick-fil-a in Greensboro...


Followed by a quick stop at Center City Park downtown...


Where I got a cool shot of the falling water on the fountain...


From there, we drove to Chapel Hill and got there a little before lunchtime. We started by doing a little shopping at University Mall. We got to go to two of my favorite stores, "A Southern Season" and "Branching Out." After that, we went back to campus and ate lunch on Franklin Street at Cosmic Cantina. The nachos there have been a favorite of mine since college! I actually skipped class once just to eat Cosmic nachos (seriously). They were delicious today as always (and David ate the best quesadilla he ever had)...


We got some fantastic shots around campus...






We walked AAAAAALLLLL the way across campus to go to the UNC Basketball Museum, only to find that it wasn't opened. I wasn't pleased, but at least we did get to sit and take a rest outside of the Dean Dome. Oh well, we've both been to the museum before, so it wasn't the end of the world...


Before we headed to Kenan Stadium for "Meet The Heels" (which is like a preseason football fan day) I got a cup or organic Peruvian iced coffee. It was delicious (And "very Chapel Hill")!


After that, we headed to the stadium for the big event. We had a blast! Got tons of autographs and met some of the best players. David, the football nut of the pair, especially enjoyed it!





We capped off the day by eating dinner at "Franklin Street Pizza and Pasta"! Yum! A great day in one of my favorite places with my favorite person! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment