Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Sweetness of Victory

"I do not think that winning is the most important thing. I think winning is the only thing." -Bill Veeck

So, I wasn't sure that after just one night of these new mousetraps we would have caught our suspect. These things can take time, after all, and I wasn't too optimistic that the perpetrator would be caught so quickly. So imagine my surprise when we wandered into the kitchen and, not only was the mouse captured and dead, but he was in MY trap on top of the stove (which now has plans to be thoroughly sanitized). I even had the good fortune of the trap flipping over so that "Lisa the Exterminator" could be seen on the bottom, confirming my victory:


Of course, this called for a photo op with my furry friend, and one for David as well as he took him outside to be permanently disposed of:




So anyway, I was able to collect my loot in the massive sum of $2. However, we decided to set the traps again JUST in case this mouse had a friend, so we each gave another 25 cents for a "second place" prize should we catch another one. So I "netted" $1.75 on the deal. You may laugh, but this pays my way for 1/2 of a Chai at Starbucks. I'll take it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment