Sunday, July 24, 2011

Christmas in July Part III: The Big Day!

"Keep your Christmas-heart open all the year round." -Jessica Archmint

Today definitely capped off our Christmas in July festivities. David and I woke up early so that we could open our presents from each other, and from Santa, before church. Santa obviously found his frozen treat that we left for him in the freezer on our back porch...




David wore his Santa hat, while I went ahead and got dressed in my red and green ensemble I was going to wear to church...







The cards that we made for each other were on the tree...



Here is a picture of all of our loot together. David knows how much I looooove different holiday and seasonal decor. So he got me plenty of fall decor, a little summery lighthouse, a Mardi Gras banner for our house at Mardi Gras, and a little candy. I got David some work gloves, a pedometer, a football-drinking cup, gum, and some vitamin supplements that I knew he'd been wanting...



We even set our camera on the timer on our fireplace mantle in the living room to a get a picture of the two of us...



After church, David, my parents, and I went to Tex & Shirley's, the restaurant that inspired our Christmas in July idea this year (http://www.texandshirleys.com/). They had the whole place decorated, a Santa there, and David and my Father wore their Santa hats. They were the only customers there that did so!!! It was so funny...EVERYONE was looking at them and laughing and chatting, lol!









I even had my picture made with Santa! Thanks Tex & Shirley's for such a fun lunch!



This evening, we had an official Christmas in July dinner cooked by my mother at their house. All the traditional delicious Christmas favorites, as well as an awesome Christmas/summer themed centerpiece and some other awesome decor!







In the usual place of stockings, there were sand buckets!!!



To finish up dinner, we called David's family in Mississippi and sung Christmas music to them! We so wish they could have been here to celebrate with us (although they'd probably rather not be associated with such total wierdness, haha), but it was fun to share it with them across the miles!

All in all, our first Christmas in July celebration was an awesome one! I definitely see this becoming a tradition. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment