Sunday, July 24, 2011

Christmas In July Part II: "Christmas Eve"

"Men in white coats with restraining devices are on their way, David..." -David's Mom, Margaret, on our Christmas in July plans

Soooo, what does one do on "Christmas Eve" of Christmas in July? Well, a lot of random stuff! David and I had gone earlier in the week to shop for each other for our presents. We were each allowed to spend $10 on the other and all gifts had to come from the Dollar Tree. So, we had to find time Saturday to wrap these and put them under the tree. While David wrapped mine in the living room, I made some rice pudding in the kitchen. No real reason for this, other than I had a bunch of steamed rice from leftover from a company lunch function from Thursday. Everyone knows how much I hate to see food go to waste (I just don't feel like it's being a good steward of the provision God has given us), so I figured rice pudding was the perfect thing to turn it into...







After all of this, we washed both of our vehicles! Yes, it was about 97 degrees out, but we stayed relatively cool by spraying each other with the hose...





Then we followed each other around our neighborhood to dry our cars off...




In the evening, David and I had our customary Saturday night date night. Then, we stopped by my parents house and walked next door to my grandparents house to sing Christmas carols to them on their back porch/kitchen. I hope none of the neighbors were out to hear this! haha



When David and I got back home, we remembered that we needed to leave a treat out for Santa. Since it's Christmas in July, we figured he may want a frozen Italian Ice. We left Santa a note telling him there was a cool treat for him in our outdoor freezer...



We may be crazy, but we had a fun Saturday! Read on for our next post which details "The Big Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment