Sunday, June 5, 2011

Two Weekends

"These are my people, this is where I come from...We're givin' this life everything we got and then some..." -Rodney Atkins

I am, as usual behind on blogging. Two AWESOME weekends have passed without me taking the time to post about them. So here we go...

On May 20th, I turned, yes, 30!!! WOW!!! I can't believe it! I am SOOO beyond blessed with the awesome things God has done in my life for the first 30 years and can't wait to see what's in store in the next few decades!

David planned an amazing cookout for me at our house with my parents and my closest friends. SO much fun and I felt so loved!!! He also gave me the sweetest card that explained all the reasons he loved me (yes, I definitely cried lol), as well as some wonderful gifts. I can say hands down that it was my best birthday yet! Thank you, David, Mom & Dad, Heather & Andrew, Steph and Matt, Jennifer and Jason (and their kids Russell and Meredith), Shane and Jaclyn (and their little boy Bentley) and Chris and Kristen for making it so wonderful!

Here is the birthday crowd in our backyard for dinner...





David had a BEAUTIFUL cake made for me (I LOVE the Carolina Blue!)...





I had a GREAT day...



Thanks to my loving and handsome husband!



The next day, we went to the Tour of Historic Homes here in Greensboro. Everyone knows how much I LOVE old houses! There were 11 houses on the tour, all from the Fisher Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_Park,_Greensboro,_North_Carolina) and Aycock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aycock,_Greensboro,_North_Carolina) Historic Neighborhoods. Such beautiful turn-of-the century houses! I was in love!







And that evening we finished up with a "family" birthday celebration - David, my parents, and my grandparents. Felt so loved!







Memorial Day last weekend was a blast! David's parents came to visit us and stay with us, and the whole family had a great time. On Saturday evening, we did a cookout in our backyard with David's parents, my parents, and my grandparents, where David acted as the "Grillmaster"...





The next day, we had a picnic and fishing session in our neighborhood. Our neighborhood has a few lakes and a pond in it for the residents, which is REALLY great. We had a family picnic at Lake Euphemia park, where I enjoyed playing on the swings like a little kid...











This is my view from the swing, lol...



Then the men moved on to fishing, while the women sat to the side and talked. The only person to catch any was David, and he caught two small, but nice looking bass. :-)











Most everyone was ready for a little rest in the afternoon...



And then we finished off the weekend with dinner at Lucky 32!



Praise God for the blessing of quality time spent with family and friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment