Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day 2011

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. ~Rev. Theodore Hesburgh

We had a wonderful Father's Day celebration this past weekend. Sunday evening, my parents and grandparents came to our house for a cookout (David, as usually, did the grilling - he is so good!).







While David was grilling and Dad was hanging out outside, the rest of the family waited patiently in our kitchen...



Time to eat (we're not really sure what David was doing here, lol)...



After dinner, the men retired into the den to watch the US Open golf tournament for a little while...





This is random, but during the festivities I noticed how absolutely beautiful our neighbors hydrangeas are in bloom. Aren't they stunning? I LOVE these flowers because this is what my bridesmaids carried in our wedding. I had to take a picture. They bloom on our side of the neighbors house and can easily be seen from our kitchen or dining room windows.



I am forunate to have so many wonderful men to celebrate. My Daddy is the best dad I've ever known and ALWAYS made me know how much I was loved (and still does). Growing up, he was never, ever, ever too busy or too tired to play with me, even after a long day of work. As if this weren't blessing enough, the Lord gave me wonderful grandfathers and an amazing father-in-law. What more could one girl ask for? AND a husband that will be a SUPER father when we have children. I am so, so blessed. In a world where the insitutions of marriage and family are under constant attack, I am one of the fortunate ones that can say that my husband and I both had amazing models of marriage and parenting put before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment