Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day 2010

"On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence." ~William Jennings Bryan

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had our Thanksgiving meal (lunch) at the Embassy Suites here in Greensboro, which is what my family has done for the past several years. The food from the massive buffet was fabulous!!! Thanksgiving this year was with my side of the family, and so it was David, myself, my parents, my grandparents, and my uncle Chuck. Here are some pictures from the day!

This is the 7th floor of the Embassy Suites, looking down into the atrium area (near the place we eat, and also the place that we had my bridesmaid luncheon the day before our wedding!). I just thought it was kind of a neat shot...



And here are some pictures from the meal...














Dad wanted to show off how much he ate...



After we got home from lunch, the men (David, Dad, and Chuck) and I took a walk around my parents neighborhood (my parents only live 2.2 miles from David and I). It was a great Thanksgiving Day in their neighborhood - beautiful fall leaves and an overcast "Thanksgiving" feel - and I got some great pictures...



















We all took LONG naps in the afternoon, watched a little football, and then had light deli-meat sandwiches for dinner. What a wonderful day!!!

We are so thankful for all that God has done in our lives - for our marriage, our families, our friends...so many blessings!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment