Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bowling, Basketball, and Lumpia!

"It is a happy talent to know how to play." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a fun weekend this was! For me, weekend started at 11:30am Friday morning, when my coworkers and I left work, went to eat lunch together, and went bowling for the rest of the day. :-) Here are some pictures from the event!

We had three teams...






And had a great time showing off our bowling skills (or, in my case, lack thereof!)...


Some of us got "prizes". I got a "turkey holder" haha...


After that fun, David and I headed to Chapel Hill to watch the Heels play Barton College. We had a wonderful time, and our Heels won 108-67!






GO HEELS!!!

On Saturday, David and I did some work around the house during the day. Saturday evening, we went to the house of one of David's coworkers, Eleanor, for a "Lumpia Rolling Party." This is the 2nd Lumpia Party we have been to. Eleanor is of Filipino descent, and she has us over and fixes traditional Filipino foods, including lumpia, which is a ground turkey mixture fried into a small egg-roll like creation. Fun!







And how else would you end such a great weekend, other than by watching your husband wear a battery-powered, leg kicking turkey hat?




Hope everyone's weekend was awesome! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment