Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Midnight Plumbing Crisis

"Ain't no rhyme or reason, no complicated meaning; ain't no need to over think it - let go laughing. Life don't go quite like we planned it; we try so hard to understand it. The irrefutable, indisputable fact is - it happens." - Sugarland

Last Thursday night did NOT start out as an evening I had planned to blog about. But surprise! David and I were just hanging out, having a relaxing evening at home, until about 9:45pm. Within less than 30 minutes, are plumbing went from fine to not fine. And I mean, NOT fine. EVERY SINGLE DRAIN in our whole house stopped up at once due to a central clog. Both toilets overflowed. Several times. Not kidding. Both bathroom sinks backed up. Both showers and tubs and the kitchen sink did the same. AND, of course I had started the washing machine to wash the towels used in the toilet overflow clean up (BEFORE I realized what a bad problem we had going on in our plumbing) and so water backed up in it, too, and ran across the tile floor. Awesome. It was such a crisis that I, at least, had about 5 minutes of sheer panic. There was so much water going coming from all over that at one point David yelled, from a different room, "I need more towels!" and I thought, "Are you kidding? At this point we are OUT of ALL towels!" lol. So, over the next few hours we did everything we could think of, including taking 2 trips to a 24 hour CVS to get more Drano and supplies. On trip # 2, I got ice cream. If we were going to be up dealing with this, I was at least going to get myself a treat. That's when I got the idea that this crisis just may be crazy/funny enough to blog about. Sometimes you just gotta laugh so you don't cry!







When the crisis first started, I was already in my pajamas and we were sitting in bed watching TV. Here you can see how we jumped out of bed and obviously I had to change from PJs to regular clothes to go to CVS...



At least our fall decor looked good through all of it (totally random, but when it's this late your brain gets loopy and you take random pics)...



But things throughout the rest of the house weren't so great...







Finally, at 1:17am, we decided we were defeated and could not fix this on our own. It was the middle of the night, and we had no working plumbing. Considered calling my parents to see if we could stay with them until morning, but hated to wake them. SO, we got back into our jammies and just tried to sleep until morning.



Luckily, David took the next day off to meet the plumber (who fixed our issues) and I went to work around 11:30 after I had washed all of our wet towels at my parents house. At least we were able to laugh about it and even have a little fun with the whole thing! What a memory! lol :-)






















No comments:

Post a Comment