Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Anniversary Weekend and Celebration

"And life is a road and I wanna keep going; love is a river I wanna keep flowin'. Life is a road, now and forever, wonderful journey. I'll be here when the road stops turning, I'll be here when the storms are through. In the end I wanna be standing at the beginning with you." -Richard Marx and Donna Lewis

On October 24th, 2009, at 4:30pm, I married the love of my life. What a wonderful two years they have been - being able to come through some major life challenges (job stresses among other things) with my best friend. Praise God that, in this world where so many marriages are broken, David and I KNOW that, because of God's guidance, ours will stand the test of time.

We started the celebration on Saturday. That morning, we headed to Lexington for the BBQ Festival. Had to go in the morning so we'd be back in time to watch the Carolina football game that afternoon. Had so much fun eating BBQ and going to the vintage car show!











That afternoon, we headed to Gibsonville to visit J Razz and Tazz Farm. Had a good time finding out way out of a corn maze...









David even had a little snack before we got out... ;-) (Okay, so maybe this corn had already fallen off and he was just pretending)







We got to play in a corn silo...







Picked out a pumpkin and looked at some farm equipment, too!











After the farm, we headed back into town to have our anniversary dinner at Green Valley Grill in the O'Henry Hotel. We had our rehearsal dinner in this hotel 2 years ago, and it's one of our favorite places to eat.









On our way back from dinner, we stopped by my parents house so I could get a pumpkin carving lesson from my mother. This is the first pumpkin I have ever carved myself!







On our actual anniversary, Monday the 24th, we had a nice little celebration at home. Here are the "2nd year" gifts we bought ourselves. "Traditional" is cotton (the bath towel set); "modern" is china (the Christmas porcelain china mugs) and the "traditional British" (a heritage thing for us) is paper (the framed paper saying). :-)



David also brought me fresh fall flowers and gave me this beautiful necklace and pair of earrings. Isn't he the best???



I wore an apron that was signed by all the people at the Pampered Chef shower we had before our wedding, as well as the shoes I wore on our wedding day...



We set up our dining room table with all the memorobilia from our wedding day. It was great! I got cupcakes (to symbolize the cake we had on our wedding day) and chocolate and cheese to symbolize the treats we ate later on that evening (David had a special goody tray lined up for us for our first night).







I SMASHED cake on David's face when we fed it to each other this time, since I was so "nice" with the cake on our actual wedding day...



And how else do you end an anniversary celebration other than going outside to look at your Jack-O-Lantern? hehe



Happy Anniversary to my sweet David! There is no one I'd rather go through life with!

No comments:

Post a Comment