Saturday, October 2, 2010

Winston-Salem Airshow

"Can the magic of flight ever be carried by words? I think not." -Michael Parfit, Smithsonian Magazine, May 2000

On Saturday September 11th, we went to the Winston-Salem Airshow! We helped my parents take the group of homeless veterans that they work with, and it was really fun!

When we first got there, the weather was nice and we were hoping it would stay that way all day...




Chick-fil-a provides box lunches for the group, which were great!


We saw some great acts...fighter planes, stunt planes, and even paratroopers...






And then the rain came! And I mean REALLY came! It ended up pouring down and got pretty chilly! Luckily, we came with rain gear so we could still watch the show (not the most comfortable situation, but still fun)...




I think the rain wore my Dad out!!!


Despite the weather, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment