Saturday, October 30, 2010

Marriage Foundations Pilot Mountain Hike

"Sometimes I can hear this old earth shouting through the trees as the wind blows. That's when I climb up here on this mountain to look through God's window. Now I can't fly but I got two feet that get me high up here. Above the noise and city streets my worries disappear..." -Rascal Flatts

Today, our Marriage Foundations Bible Fellowship class (along with some former Marriage Foundations members that have moved over to the AIM class) took a hiking trip to Pilot Mountain. We had so much fun and got some great exercise!

These pictures were taken on our way up to the top of the mountain...




The group was very excited to get to spend a fun day together...




We saw some great scenery...






We got to hang out with, among others,the Jordans...






And the Gilstraps...


And, best of all, I got to spend some fun time with my Sweetie (AND we go to have our picture taken on this rock, which is where I first told David I loved him when we were dating)...






After the hike, we followed the Jordans to an apple orchard right over the Virginia line, just past Mt. Airy. Got to pick out some apples to bring home with us...delicious!!!







We had a wonderful day with our friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment