Thursday, May 28, 2015

Week in Review 5/18/15-5/24/15

"A birthday is just another day when you go to work and people give you love.  Age is just a state of mind, and you are only as old as you think you are." -Abhishek Bachchan

On Wednesday of this past week, I turned the ripe old age of 34!  We decided to wait and celebrate over the weekend, but on my actual birthday our sweet friends, Brandon, Heather, Grayson, and Addison, stopped by with beautiful flowers for me!  And my sweet husband brought home a slice of chocolate cake for me so that we could have a little celebration ON my actual birthday!  So grateful for these sweet people in my life! 



When David got home from work Friday, we decided to take a walk around the lake to kick off the long weekend.  The weather was beautiful!!!


Saturday morning, we took Joseph to a local park one neighborhood over from ours.  He had lots of fun swinging as always!!!



Before Joseph's nap Saturday afternoon he had some backyard play time that eventually ended in an overly-tired temper-tantrum, an attitude adjustment discussion, and then some comfort from daddy.  Oh, the life of parents of a 2-year-old.





Over the course of the weekend, we celebrated my birthday by going out to eat with my parents, and David had a beautiful cookie cake made for me.  We had to limit the icing because of Joseph's dairy allergy, but my wonderful husband very thoughtfully had the lettering done in our wedding colors - Carolina blue and purple. :-)  We brought the cookie cake back to my grandmother's house after dinner to eat it there.







And here is my random picture from this week - we have been researching these berries growing on these bushes in our yard.  Thanks to the help of a friend and the internet, we have positively identified them as Leatherleaf Mahonia bushes.  The berries are edible and very high in vitamin C, but they also have a very sharp flavor and are best mixed with other fruits.  I see a frugal, healthy smoothie additive in our future!   We also have some wild blackberries growing in our backyard, which will make an excellent ice-cream topping later in the summer. :-)



Hope everyone had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment