Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pre-Christmas Fun

"Santa Claus is coming to town..."

We did a lot of fun pre-Christmas activities this year - too many to name, really.  But I thought I'd hit just a couple of them for the blog.

We went to the live nativity at the Lutheran Church of Our Father on Groometown Road here in Greensboro.  So much fun!  They had a live camel out front, and Joseph had a ball watching him.  My parents also kept Joseph outside while David and I ran into get some treats (the church members made free cookies and hot chocolate to hand out).  The hot chocolate tasted good because it was SUPER cold out that night.  Great activity and a great ministry!  (Oh, and I just realized that a lot of recent blog posts have featured me in my workout clothes.  David and I have started a new running and fitness routine and so I'm in workout clothes a lot.  Didn't want anyone to think I just didn't want to go to the trouble of wearing real clothes!)




The other fun activity I wanted to mention was Joseph's first Santa experience.  We went to the second birthday party of the daughter of some dear friends of ours and, since she was a December baby, Santa made an appearance!  Joseph isn't super big on strangers, so he didn't really like it when we plopped him on Santa's lap.  I tried sitting next to him, but that didn't work either, he just reached for me and for his daddy the whole time. Finally, we settled with him sitting on my lap and with me sitting next to Santa...






I love the days leading up to Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment