Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Day 2013

"I think it's important not to grow up too fast.  I'm 26 now, and I still can't wait for Christmas Day.  The inner seven-year-old isn't buried too deeply in me."  -Laura Haddock

Christmas was great this year!  David and I got up early and opened our presents from each other, then my parents came over so we could all watch Joseph open his presents.  He had a ball sitting in his Daddy's lap while checking out his new gifts!




One of the presents that we were most excited for Santa to give to Joseph was a large, stuffed, brown bear (which we have very originally named "Brown Bear" lol).  Joseph loves stuffed animals, so we knew he would love his new friend!



Great-Mimi gave Joseph a really cool sled for Christmas, and while he checked out the seating Brown Bear peeked in to see what he was up to!


Here I am reading a book we bought for Joseph.  It is called "I love you more" and is about the sweet relationship between a mommy and a son.  I almost cry every time I read it to him!

Great-Mimi lets Joseph share some of her sausage roll up for breakfast...

Closer to lunchtime, my Dad's cousins, Ray and Jan, came to join us for our big Christmas meal.  They live in Chapel Hill and join us for almost every Christmas Day.  Their 3 grow kids, Casey, Ben, and Sydney, went to Rome for Christmas this year!  We missed the three of them, but I'm sure they had fun!  My mom and I cooked our Christmas meal (we eat our big meal at lunch) for everyone and things went very smoothly.  Afterwards we all had fun sitting around and visiting a little while as Joseph continued to explore his new loot.



We hope everyone had a great Christmas Day!  More coming tomorrow of our "2nd Christmas" in Highlands!






No comments:

Post a Comment