Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mayberry Days 2013

"Gentlemen, I give you science in action. Proof-positive the camera does not lie; it sees all, tells all." -Barney Fife

Today, we took Joseph to his first ever Mayberry Days in Mt. Airy (well, first on the OUTSIDE - we went last year when I was VERY pregnant).  We had a ball!  We got there early enough for the parade...



Many many thanks to my sweet husband for carrying Joseph around in his Boba when we go to things like this on weekends.  This stay-at-home-momma lugs this little guy around in her Boba almost all day long every day while she does housework, so it's a welcome relief!


 

After the parade, we headed to Snappy Lunch to get a bite to eat.  David always gets one of the famous pork chop sandwiches, and this year they gave him the biggest sandwich yet.  It was ENORMOUS and bigger than Joseph's head.  Joseph was pretty unimpressed by it.  He much preferred playing with the things on the table...


I had to have David take this next shot.  I am always laughing about the many places that I've breastfed Joseph in his first 11 months of life (so sorry for any male readers that may not care to hear about this).  I've literally nursed him at a million different places - from any restaurant you can imagine (from fast food to very nice) to the grass at Bethabara Park in Winston-Salem.  So of course, I had to have him take a picture of me nursing Joseph at Snappy's today (don't worry, men, I'm covered up!)..,


After we left Snappy's we walked around and did a little shopping, then headed up to the NC/VA state line to get some produce at a produce market we always shop at.  We got apples, corn, and some butternut squash.  Yum...I see lots of delicious fall dinners at our house in the future!  Joseph loves sweet potatoes, so when we saw the "fried sweet potato pies" we had to get him one.  He slept all night last night, which has only happened maybe twice in his whole 11 month life, so we figured this pie would be a good reward.  Fried food is not something I plan to necessarily encourage in our kids, but I figured he would like this treat.  He LOVED it.  We didn't let him eat all of it of course, but he sure did enjoy what we gave him when we got back home (pardon our unmade bed...I didn't have a chance to make it before we left this morning)...



It's my favorite time of year.  I have the loving husband and precious baby I always prayed for.  Since Joseph's birth I've been able to be a full-time stay-at-home wife and mom, which is what I've always wanted to do with my life.  Life is truly very good, and I'm so thankful and excited for all of the fun things we get to do this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment