Tuesday, August 30, 2011

3 Years Since Our First Date

"And I wouldn't change a thing, I'd walk right back through the rain, back through every broken heart on the day that it was breaking...and I'd relive all the years, and be thankful for the tears I cried with every stumbled step that led to you and got me here." -Rascal Flatts

Tuesday, August 9th was the 3 year anniversary of when I had my first date with David. I can't believe it! I cannot believe that in just 36 months I have met an amazing man, fallen in love with him, and now been married to him for almost 2 years! WOW!

It's really amazing for me to look back and see how God orchestrated everything. Three years ago, I had just gotten out of a 2-plus-yearish relationship and was reeling with hurt, sadness, disappointment, and the thought that I would I would be "starting over" in terms of finding a mate. Several of my friends prodded me to try online dating, although not to find a husband. They said I simply needed to "remember" how to date other people - to get "back on the horse" so to speak so I wouldn't just sit around having a pity party. I had always been pretty weary and skeptical about the online dating idea, but signed up for Match.com just to see what would happen. I met David on Match.com almost immediately, and after 3 weeks of talking on email and a little on the phone, we had our first date - a lunch date at Natty Green's in downtown Greensboro. I remember thinking before this first date, "Well, I'll probably get there, and he'll end of being weird." Or, "this may be a fun lunch, but won't turn into anything." After all, I was literally 3 weeks out of a long relationship and couldn't imagine that this would be a date with my future husband. HOW WRONG I WAS!!!! :-)

The first words David ever said to me, the first time he saw me, were "WOW, you look pretty!!!" Major points for him from the very beginning!!! We had a WONDERFUL first date, and David says he knew on our first date that God intended me to be his wife. I knew shortly thereafter, and after 6 months of dating he proposed to me and we got married 8 months after that. WOW!

So of course, we had to do something to celebrate the 3 year mark from "where it all began." So on August 9th we went to Natty Green's for dinner. :-) What a great time of reminiscing!!! Although we sat inside this time because it was HOT HOT HOT that day (on the day of our first date, we sat outside).








I don't think I've ever shared the story of how David and I met before on this blog. For those of you skeptical of online dating - give it a try! For some of us, it ends up being God's way of leading us to our soulmate! :-) David, you were totally worth the wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment