Monday, September 8, 2014

Week in Review September 1st - September 7th

I didn't get as many pictures of our school time this week as I probably should have (I'm finding it's hard to take pics while doing a lot of these activities with him because they are very "hands on" for both Joseph and Mommy at this age.)  Truthfully, I wasn't as good about taking pictures in general this week as I should have been.  But one project I did capture briefly from preschool this week was making cards for "Grandparents Day" which was this past Sunday.  We used some markers and finger paint to make "handprint craft" cards that say "I have the best grandparents...HANDS DOWN!"  We gave these cards to Nonie and Papaw and Mimi and Poppy because they really are the best grandparents! :-)  **Disclaimer: I didn't have the phone on the right settings here and so admittedly the picture quality is pretty darn terrible.**



I did manage to get some pics of what our school area looks like this year.  I love it!  It makes me so happy!


Whiteboard and play mat

We converted the bar closet in our den to a school closet



Bulletin Board (The "Aunt Lindsay" poster is to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday.  I decided that for each family member's birthday we would make a poster with their picture and some facts about them.  David's sister is the first of the school year to have a birthday, so she is our first poster!)
One day we went to Target with Nonie, and afterwards, she took us to Starbucks!  Joseph got a pumpkin sugar cookie.  It was pretty big, so Nonie and I may have helped him eat it.  ;-)  We sat outside, and he had fun munching on his cookie and watching cars.

This picture is deceptive because, while it appears that Joseph is not excited about this cookie from his facial expression, he actually NAILED much of the treat,






Yesterday (Sunday), the three of us took a walk around the lake, and, instead of the Boba or the jogging stroller, Joseph traveled via Daddy's shoulders this time.

Finally, I was able to get some surprise shots of Joseph napping this past week.  Joseph is pretty resistant to noise while sleeping and often doesn't even wake up when I turn on the lights.  Once he is asleep, he's usually pretty asleep!  So I was able to go in, turn on the lights, and take these pics on a couple different days.  Sweet memories!


This has long been one of Jojo's favorite sleep positions - on his tummy, arms down, on top of Blue Bear.  Silly toddler!



We also found out this weekend, unfortunately, that our 2nd IUI was not successful.  I have another ovarian cyst, which is making it difficult to even give the IUI procedure a good chance of success.  I go tomorrow for another ultrasound so we can see what the next steps are before our 3rd and final IUI.

Hope everyone had a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment