Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Father's Day 2014

"Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad." -Anne Geddes

Father's Day this year was extra-awesome due to the fact that David's parents came to visit for Father's Day weekend!  I always dreamed of a Father's Day or Mother's Day where we could get both sides of the family together for a celebration, and this year, I got my wish!

Joseph spent a lot of the weekend having his Poppy read to him.  He found his narration to be hilarious!!!








He also spent some time just relaxing.  Hey Jojo, it's Father's Day!  The relaxation is for the dads!


We got to watch all the dads open their presents.  Here is David, opening his gifts and reading his cards...




 That Saturday evening, we all went to my grandmother's house for a cookout.  What a special memory for Joseph - to be able to celebrate his Daddy and both grandfathers and have everyone together.  So fun!  The cookout was David/Joseph/myself, David's parents, my parents, and my grandmother.  We grilled hot dogs and I made a blackberry cobbler at the request of the 3 dads.  We had a great time, and everyone got to take turns swinging Joseph in his swing that hangs in my grandmother's carport.

Happy boy on his swing

Mama, Jojo, and Papaw

Poppy, Jojo, and Dada
Sadly, David's parents have to leave to go back home early that Sunday afternoon, but we are grateful for such a good visit!  We cannot wait to go see them later this summer.  That Sunday evening, we took Joseph back over to my grandmother's house for some water play on her patio and some coconut milk ice cream (hey, dairy-intolerant doesn't equal miserable!).  He had a ball!






So thankful for the example that Joseph has in these three men.  They are all wonderful, caring, devoted fathers and husbands.  So grateful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment