Friday, June 8, 2012

Our Past Two Weeks

"Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day."  ~W. Earl Hall

Our past two weeks have brought several fun little adventures.  

Two weekends ago, we went to Randleman / Asheboro for the day.  David lived here for a year (before we met) and so we go back to visit periodically.  My grandfather, who passed away in January, was also from Randleman, so we always enjoy reminiscing about the things he grew up with down there.


We started by visiting our friends Brett and Jessica at their house in Randleman.  We had a nice little chat, and got to see the ADORABLE nursery that they have prepared for their little boy (who is being born today!), Isaac.  We are so thankful for other friends who are having little boys for Joseph to play with!!!


Then we rode by the house that my grandfather grew up in.  Also, when my grandparents first got married in 1945 (after my grandfather got home from the war), they lived for a couple of years in the upstairs room here.  So fun to see.  The house is a little run down now, but it's still cool to see where they used to live.




Then we stopped at Deep River, where there is a park with trails that you can walk on.  I got my first baby bump picture at 16.5 weeks!!!








We finished the day by going to locally famous Sir Pizza (David has wanted to take me there FOREVER)...it was very good...


And by going by David's old apartment...


On the way back to Greensboro, I laid my seat back and went to sleep (very common for pregnant Lisa).  My wonderful husband took a picture of me totally unconscious, mouth wide open, and snoring (or so he says).  Needless to say, that picture didn't make the blog. ;-)


This past weekend, we went to an event we go to every year at Bicentennial Gardens.  It's called Parisian Promenade, and it's a celebration of french culture.  It's always so much fun!  As part of it, they always have a french cooking demonstration put on my the GTCC School of Culinary and Hospitality Management.  This man, who is one of the culinary professors at the school, showed us how to make shrimp and polenta as well as a spicy chicken and pasta dish...




We've also gotten several recent belly bump shots...


One at 17 weeks...




And another at 18 weeks...I'm growing!!!




And yesterday we had our 18 week ultrasound.  Joseph looks WONDERFUL!!!  He is so incredibly active - the ultrasound tech had trouble getting all the measurements she needed initially because he would NOT stay still.  One of the pregnancy books I have says "An active baby is a healthy baby" and JoJo sure must be doing great!!!  I started feeling flutters last week in my tummy and now I feel them a LOT!  So fun!!!  Everything on ultrasound looked totally normal and good.  He is measuring WAY heavy for his age already - he should be around 6.7 ounces right now and he already weighs 9 oz.!!! They said that was fine and nothing to worry about.  David and both of the grandfathers have joked about how much they would love for him to be a football star (deep down they will love him regardless of what he does!) and it looks like he's well on his way to being a linebacker already.  I laughed, because ever since we found out he was a boy I have felt that he is going to be huge (like 9 pounds huge).  They say a mother's intuition is usually right, so I think he's going to be a big boy.  Our family is full of big, strong men, and I think Joseph is going to follow in that line!  I am already getting slightly nervous about how well my "natural" birth plan is going to play out!  Here are some pictures of our sweet boy...

 This is a face shot...and yes, the face shots are supposed to look this scary at this stage...

 At the end of the ultrasound he flipped onto his stomach...silly baby!!!


 


 A sweet little profile shot!!!!


Just under 22 weeks left...we can't wait to meet our sweet boy!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment