Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mother's Day and Lisa's Birthday 2012

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living." - Amanda Bradley


I had a great time celebrating both my first Mother's Day and my 31st birthday recently, thanks in large part to my sweet hubby who always makes everything so special!

For my first Mother's Day (as a mommy-to-be) he got me the most BEAUTIFUL pink roses, a sweet card, and a book that I had been wanting.  The card was so nice - he told me how happy he is that I will be Stubby Bun's mother (that was a few days before we found out the gender, so we were still calling the baby by our nickname at that point).  



 That evening, we went to dinner with my parents, grandmother, uncle, and his fiance.  We had a great time!  I'm so thankful for the influence of my own mom, my mother-in-law, and my grandmother in my life as I prepare to be a mommy!!!




The next weekend was my 31st birthday, made extra special this year by the fact that I'm pregnant.  David and I went out Saturday night for a very romantic dinner at Bravo as a "couples celebration" (it was WONDERFUL!  We treasure these romantic date nights that we have before the baby comes!) and then the next night we did a family celebration on my grandmother's patio.    


 David knows how much I LOVE cookie cake, so he had this one made for me that says "Happy Birthday to #1 Mom to Be!" in baby blue writing.  I LOVED it!!!  I got some wonderful gifts - a maternity bathing suit from David (I needed one for the beach next month), a new maternity dress from my parents, a Babies R Us gift card from David's parents, and a Costco Membership from my grandmother!!!

 A picture with my daddy, since 31 years ago he was holding me at the hospital.

 I had so much fun with these celebrations this year!!!  Can't wait for Joseph to share them with us next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment