Sunday, December 11, 2011

Festival of Lights, Andrews Party, Candlefest, and Christmas Tree!

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." ~Norman Vincent Peale

Last weekend, we packed a LOT of fun Christmas activities into 3 days! WOW! It started Friday night when we went to the Festival of Lights in downtown Greensboro. This is something I have enjoyed since I was a little girl! There are carolers, hot chocolate, bands, a fake snow-making machine, and much more! I have always loved downtown and love the lights of downtown at night. It is particularly beautiful during the Christmas season. I cut off my flash, so a lot of these pictures are very blurry, but I think that makes for a neat effect!

















These are the CenterPoint Condos across the street from Center City Park. I just love them and had to take a picture of them at night...



We even got some pictures taken in our antlers!







Saturday afternoon we drove to Graham to the annual Andrews Family Christmas party at Carvers on Elm (a restaurant that it is held at every year). So many of the original party attenders have gotten older and are in ill health, and most of the family that is my age/generation don't come, which is very sad to me. Even though we had a very small crowd, we still had a fun time!























When we got back Saturday evening, we went to Candlefest at nearby Lindley Park/Greensboro Arboretum. This is a walk-through luminary display (over 4000 luminaries!) put on by the Girl Scouts. It was beautiful to walk through with apple cider and enjoy the lights and the bonfire! :)









Finally, on Sunday, we went to buy our Christmas tree at the tree lot near our house! And it is HUGE!!! DEFINITELY the most "Griswold-esque" tree we have ever had. My father offered to help David carry it in, but David insisted he could do it himself. This is before he realized that the tree was too tall. So David did let my Dad help him one time, and then my parents went home. Well, since it was too tall, David had to carry it back out and cut some more off the bottom. That's when I began taking pictures..





So here comes the tree in - again...





STILL TOO TALL! No room for the star! :(



So he drags it back out...



Cuts more off, and brings it back in YET AGAIN! FINALLY OUR TREE FITS! What a workout for my husband!









What a fun weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment