Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend 2011

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

David and I had so much fun this weekend!!!

We started out on Saturday by going to the Farmers Market in Colfax. They were having a chili cook off, and, although we didn't eat any of the chili, we had fun walking around both inside the market and outside at the chili festival!







We also got to briefly play with some dogs from a dog training group that was out there...



We spent a few hours doing some housework, and then later in the afternoon we went over to my parents house to watch the Kentucky Derby with them. Although my horse finished the lowest among our picks, we had a great time sipping our virgin mint juleps...





After the derby, we took a picnic down to the lake in our neighborhood. The weather was great and the sky was beautiful!





Today, we got to spend some time with my mother and grandmother for Mothers Day. David and I are SOOOOO lucky that we both have such wonderful mothers!!! We are super blessed to have wonderful women that loved us and raised us so well. I am thankful every day for both my mother and my mother-in-law. Tonight, took some pictures...

My mother and grandmother...



My mother and David...



Three generations...



Hope all of the mothers out there had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment