Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sick Lisa and Sickening Loss

"A good listener is not someone with nothing to say. A good listener is a good talker with a sore throat." -Katherine Whitehorn

I had looked forward to last night's Carolina-dook game for weeks!!! I had big plans for big festivities! We were going to watch it with my parents and have some serious festivities surrounding the events. BUT, life had other plans. Yesterday morning, I started to feel weird. That "I feel funky, could I be getting sick?" type of weird. I thought if MAYBE if I just pretended that I felt okay I would feel okay. I bought some TheraFlu Cold (as a precautionary measure) and went about my day (a "teambuilding" event at the Greensboro Natural Science center with my coworkers). By the time we were supposed to go to my parents house for dinner and the game, I knew I was definitely getting worse. So we turned around, went back home, and watched the game amidst my full-blown sickness.

Still not sure what I had, maybe a 12-hour bug? All I know is that I had a very sore throat, a fever, and a general feeling of sickness. BUT, I wasn't about to let the Carolina-dook game pass me by. SO, the hubby went out to get me some Chick-fil-a french fries (oddly enough, the only thing that sounded good to me) and some Sierra Mist.



And then we settled in for the game. I may have been sick and feverish, but I wore my Carolina clothes (including light blue pj pants), covered up with my Carolina blanket, and snuggled with my Carolina bear. David took this picture of me when I was at my worst. But I'm proud that I was still supporting my Heels...



Sadly, Carolina suffered a heartbreaking loss, but fortunately I was too sick to be too upset. My wonderful hubby/caretaker gave me some Alka Seltzer PM after the game ended and I slept like a baby. This morning I woke up fever-free and feeling much better. Stayed home from work until a little after noon, and David stayed with me to take care of me (he is just so good to me!)

So anyway, maybe different than I had expected, but still a fun evening in the sense that I spent it with my hubby and got to watch my team play.

No comments:

Post a Comment