Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to Frugality!!!

"Have nothing in your house that you don't know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." -Author Unknown

Many of you may remember that months ago, back closer towards the summer, I promised to start adding creative and frugal living ideas to the blog. After a couple of such posts, life got busy, and I stopped having time to put tips out there. But we have most definitely still been living frugally! There is as much sampling, couponing, electric/water/natural gas saving attempts, etc going on at our house as ever! So, with economic times still tight for many people, I am going to try to refocus my efforts on adding my thoughts and the cool things I learn.

One thing I am interested in hearing from people - do any of you have tips on making your own everyday items? Share them please! I know many, many, many frugal living bloggers out there have come up with incredibly creative and resourceful ways to save money by making things they frequently need rather than buying them. I have friends who make their own baby food, for example. Cheaper and healthier! And I have read tons of recipes "make your own" things such as laundry detergent, shampoo, even make-your-own marshmallows! A blog I read recently actually shows you how to use the artwork from old wall calendars to make your own SUPER CUTE envelopes (what a cool idea!). I am relatively new to this aspect of frugal & creative living, but am excited about learning more. A couple of weeks ago I made homemade salad dressing for the first time, and I think it was every bit as good as store-bought. :-)

So anyway, among my personal posts and other frugal posts, look for new make-it-yourself ideas that I have discovered. Some undoubtably will be disasters I am sure, but I'm hoping to find some really cool tricks among it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment